Top 10 Goals for 2022-2023
At its Strategic Planning Retreat in January 2020, the Town Council reviewed and revised its Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Key Priorities for the Town of Middleburg government. At that meeting, they identified a number of key projects, initiatives, and actions to focus on in the coming years. The Town Council reviewed its Strategic Initiatives in February 2021 and April 2022.
The Town Council held its most recent Strategic Planning Session on March 6, 2023, at The Hill School, to discuss its strategic goals and initiatives. The Council adopted the updated Strategic Plan at that meeting, and the staff memo can be found here.
The Town Council will establish a two-year Strategic Plan each even year, to be reviewed in odd years for any updates, additions, or changes. Below are the Council's top initiatives for 2022-2023.
Current Top 10 Goals for 2022-2023
- Adopt Zoning Ordinance Updates to Protect Established Neighborhoods
(Some amendments have been adopted; additional updates under review)
- Champion and Host a Rural Preservation Summit in 2023
(COMPLETE: Held on April 11, 2023 with 200+ attendees)
- Partner with the County to Ensure Compliance with the Loudoun County and Middleburg Comprehensive Plans Related to the Protective Green Belt around Middleburg
(Ongoing involvement in Loudoun County conservation easement and land use policy efforts)
- Explore Strategies and Options for Attainable Housing
(Ongoing engagement in local efforts to provide a variety of housing options for residents)
- Adopt Updated Investment Policy for Town
(COMPLETE: June 2022; see FY23 adopted budget).
- Finalize Establishment and Launch of Charitable Foundation Non-Profit for 2022 Disbursements
(COMPLETE: November 2022; disbursement of funds occurred in March 2023)
- Strengthen Partnership with MBPA through an MOA
(COMPLETE: MOA adopted in November 2022)
- Foster Sense of Community through Quality of Life Focused Programs and Activities for our Residents
(Ongoing - took over coordination of Independence Day activities; planning for "Middleburg Day" event in March 2024 and Wellness Fair in April 2024)
- Conduct a Comprehensive Review of South Madison Street to Improve Commercial Vitality and Safety
(Ongoing - EDAC is lead committee, with input from Streetscape Committee and adjacent business/property owners)
- Initiate Focused and Actionable Discussions with Stakeholders on Future Uses of Asbury Church
(Pending completion of Town Hall and engagement with facilitator for community outreach/input)