Top 7 Goals for 2022
At its Strategic Planning Retreat in January 2020, the Town Council reviewed and revised its Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Key Priorities for the Town of Middleburg government. At that meeting, they identified a number of key projects, initiatives, and actions to focus on in the coming years. Out of that discussion, the Council adopted 12 Strategic Initiatives as top priorities.
The Town Council reviewed its Strategic Initiatives in February 2021 and April 2022. Following the latest strategic planning retreat, the Town Council adopted an update list of Goals for 2022. The new list of Strategic Initiatives can be found at this link.
Below is the list of the Council's Top 7 Initiatives. If a project has a link associated with it, that will take you to our project tracking software that includes anticipated milestones and key activities, along with expected dates and project timelines.
Current Top 7 Goals for 2022
- Adopt Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance Updates.
- Champion and Host a Rural Preservation Summit in 2022.
- Partner with the County to Ensure Compliance with the Loudoun County and Middleburg Comprehensive Plans Related to the Protective Green Belt around Middleburg.
- Explore Strategies and Options for Attainable Housing.
- Adopt Updated Investment Policy for Town (complete; see FY23 adopted budget).
- Finalize Establishment and Launch of Charitable Foundation Non-Profit for 2022 Disbursements.
- Strengthen Partnership with MBPA through an MOA.