About Council Meetings
Unless otherwise scheduled, the Town Council meets in a regular meeting on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month and in work session and special meetings as needed. The Council meetings are held in the:
Town Hall Council Chambers
10 W Marshall Street
Middleburg, VA 20117
Meetings generally begin at 6 p.m.
Public Comment Period
Individuals or groups wishing to speak during a regular Council meeting shall be recognized by the Mayor during the Public Comment section of the meeting. Groups wishing to make a presentation are encouraged to submit a written request to the Town Clerk by noon on Friday prior to the regular meeting date. Public comments are for the purpose of allowing members of the public to present any Town business related matter, which in their opinion, deserves the attention of the Council. Public comments shall be accepted for a maximum of 30 minutes during the meeting.
Guidelines for Citizen Participation
- Comments should not be offered during the Public Comment period which pertains to a matter which is the subject of a public hearing
- Individuals will be limited to three minutes (5 minutes if representing a group)
- Remarks must be addressed to the Mayor and Council - not to the staff, audience or media
- Speakers must approach the podium and speak directly into the microphone and give their full name and address
Individuals appearing before the Council will not be allowed to:
- Address the Council on issues that do not concern the services, policies or affairs of the Town
- Engage in behavior that intimidates others
- Interrupt other speakers or engage in behavior that disrupts the meeting
- Make non-germane or frivolous statements
- Market or solicit business from the Town
- Use language which insults or demeans any person
- Use profanity or vulgar language or gestures
Placing Items on a Council Agenda
Any member of the public may request that an item be placed on a meeting agenda by contacting the Town Clerk at least 7 days prior to the meeting. Items that are based on a statutory requirement will be automatically placed on the agenda. Requests for items that do not have a statutory requirement may only be added to the agenda if the Mayor or a member of Council agrees to sponsor such request.