Trash / Recycling / Yard Waste
The Town strives to keep public and private property free of refuse to the maximum extent possible. It also encourages recycling in order to help protect the health, safety and welfare of its citizens.
American Disposal Services provides trash, recycling and yard waste collection services in the Town limits. Collections occur on Wednesdays, beginning as early as 6 a.m.
If you have any questions regarding collections, please contact Deputy Town Administrator Will Moore at 687-5152 or by email.
Special Recycling Programs (such as batteries, cigarette butts & razor blades)
Items which can be recycled include:
- Metals including:
- Bi-metal cans
- Papers including:
- Mixed paper
- Shredded paper
- PETE and HDPE Plastics Number 1 through 7, including:
- Cardboard boxes must be broken down
- Items must be free of food and other non-recyclable materials
- Receptacles must be strong enough to withstand handling and prevent scattering of contents
- Recycling containers, when full, cannot weigh more than 50 pounds
Loudoun County provides a landfill and hazardous waste collections, as well as locations where recycling can be dropped. For more information, visit the Loudoun County Waste Management page.
If you have an item that is too large, bulky or heavy to be handled with the normal curb-side collection, please contact the Town the week prior to your desired Wednesday collection date.
Special collection items including:
- Appliances (***NON-refrigerant containing), including:
- Clothes washers
- Water-related appliances, including:
- Water heaters
*** Refrigerant-containing appliances such as air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers and dehumidifiers cannot be collected due to special disposal requirements. Please visit the Loudoun County Landfill page for information on disposal of such appliances.
- Brush must be bundled and tied with string/twine and cannot exceed 3 feet in length or 3 inches in diameter.
- Cannot exceed 25 pounds per bundle/container.
- Must be placed in biodegradable containers or loose in cans labeled as "yard waste".