- Finance / Treasurer
- Town Budget
The Town’s Budget is its strategic plan for the year, determining what programs and activities get funded. After staff develops a proposed budget in the winter, the Town Council spends many meetings and worksessions reviewing the proposed budget. In addition, the Town Council holds Public Hearings to get input on the budget proposal.
Proposed FY 2024 Budget
The Town Manager presented the Proposed FY24 Budget to the Town Council on February 23, 2023. The meeting can be viewed online.
The Proposed FY24 Budget is available at this link.
The Town Manager's presentation is available at this link..
More documents related to the Town Budget discussions will be posted below as they become available:
- Proposed FY24 Budget
- Public Hearing Notice on Real Property Tax Rate
- The Public Hearing on the Real Property Tax Rate will be held on March 23, 2023, at 6:00pm
- Overview of Real Property Assessments for 2023
Upcoming Budget Meetings (subject to change):
- February 23 - Budget Presentation
- March 9 - Budget Discussion - General Fund
- March 23 - Public Hearing - Real Property Tax Rate; Budget Discussion - General Fund
- April 13 - Budget Discussion - General Fund/Utility Fund
- April 27 - Budget Discussion - Utility Fund
- May 11 - Public Hearings on Budget and Utility Rate Increases; Budget Discussion - Utility Fund; Wrap-Up
- May 25 - Proposed Adoption of Appropriations Ordinance (Budget Approval)
The public is invited to provide input. You may do so in the following ways:
- Speak at an upcoming Council Meeting or Public Hearing (see schedule above)
- Call 540-687-5152 and leave a message with the Town, which will be shared with the Council
- Email the Town Clerk or Town Council members
- Use the online comment form at this link (select "Community Issue/Opinion)
ADOPTED FY 2023 BUDGET
The Town Council adopted the FY23 Budget (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023) at its May 26, 2022 Meeting.
The adopted budget can be found here, which includes a transmittal letter from the Mayor to the citizens of Middleburg.
The Town Council held multiple meetings on the Proposed budget, to include multiple public hearings, a special meeting, and discussions at many Council meetings.
The Town Council reduced the real property tax rate to 13.69 cents per $100 of assessed value.
The Town Manager's Budget Presentation is available at this link.
An overview of the FY22 and FY23 revenues was presented to the Council on February 10th and can be found as part of the agenda at this link. The latest Treasurer's report can be found as part of the Town Council agenda packet for the first meeting of each month. The June 9, 2022 agenda packet, to include the latest FY22 update, is available here.
PRIOR YEAR ADOPTED BUDGETS
Each Fiscal Year runs from July 1st to June 30th. You can find the latest budget here, including a message from the Mayor to the public.
You can find prior years’ budgets at this link.